Tuesday, April 17, 2012

reflecting on student participation


It has been very encouraging to see how many people have come out the support the CU Identity Project. As we have been presenting our project on the library bridge, students have been given the chance to actively break stereotypes on campus. The most interesting thing to me has been the diversity of identities that have been displayed on the board. Many things that I had previously never considered to be a part of someone’s identity have been put on the board. I feel that this does a good job of showing how different we all are and how our values can shape our identity and vice versa. I was also surprised by how many people were willing to write their “I am ___ but also ___.” statements on the board. I know I had a tough time coming up with my statement and wearing the shirt, but many of these people have seemed to have no problem writing multiple statements on the board. This just goes to show how proud Clemson students are of their differences!

No comments:

Post a Comment